Terms and Conditions
Click here for the German version
Conditions of Use
By accessing and browsing this website you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions contained below and all applicable laws. We may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You agree to be bound by such revisions, and you should periodically revisit this page to review then the current Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This Website may include typographical errors or inaccuracies. DiveInDepth.com may make improvements and/or changes in the products, services, programs, and prices described in this Website at any time without notice. Periodically changes are made to the Website.
Copyright and Trademarks
Diveindebth and the author endeavors to observe the copyrights of the images, graphics, sound documents, video sequences and texts used in all publications; to use pictures, graphics, sound documents, video sequences and texts created by diveindebth.com or to use license-free graphics, sound documents, video sequences and texts.
All brands and trademarks mentioned on the website and possibly protected by third parties are subject without restriction to the provisions of the applicable trademark/copyright law and the ownership rights of the respective registered owner. The mere mention does not mean that trademarks are not protected by the rights of third parties!
You should assume that everything you see or read on this website is copyrighted unless otherwise noted. The copyright in this site and the underlying software code are the property of diveindepth.com and its licensors unless otherwise stated. The reproduction or use of part or all of the content of this web site in any way (including without limitation viewing, downloading, printing and saving) is prohibited except in accordance with the following conditions:
- You must obtain our permission in writing if you wish to reproduce, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or use or copy anything from this site. In general, you may reproduce these pages for the purpose of browsing them, or providing hypertext links to them.
- Whenever images of people used on this site are used with permission or in accordance with applicable law. Reuse of them without permission may violate privacy and publication rights of those persons.
- All content contained in pages that are linked does not belong to diveindebth.com and is the property of their respective owners. We have not reviewed the content linked to. Your right to reproduce and use the content linked to is (1) subject to the conditions that the respective owners may impose, and (2) is at your own risk. You further acknowledge and agree that diveindebth.com is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
- Anything you transmit to us by electronic mail or otherwise or post become the property of diveindebth.com and may be used for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, advertising, broadcast and posting. Diveindebth.com is free to use any ideas contained in any communication you send to us for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
- Diveindebth.com reserves the right to revoke these permissions at any time without reasonable notice.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered trademarks of diveindebth.com and others. Your use of the trademarks displayed on this web site is strictly prohibited without our written permission.
Modifications to Software
Diveindebth.com reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, particular software products or the support associated with them with or without notice. You agree that diveindebth.com shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of such software products or support services.
Reference to any product, process, publication, or service of any third party by trade name, trademark, and manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply the endorsement or recommendation of such by diveindebth.com.
You agree that the laws of Bonaire apply to any issue that may arise between diveindepth.com and you regarding this site and its software, and you agree to resolve such dispute in the courts of Bonaire. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action against diveindepth.com must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or it will be forever barred.
Terms and Conditions applicable to all dive tours
Many agencies/dive centers recommend a Scuba Review if it has been longer than six months since your last dive. Encompass Diving advises divers to follow the agency or dive center recommendation for safety reasons. The Scuba Review should be booked in advance and takes place on your first day or you do the Scuba Review before you start the journey. Please discuss this beforehand with encompass diving that we can connect with the dive centers what their requirements are!
In the interests of safety, Encompass diving along with the respective dive center reserve the right to provide and charge for a Skills Review or Check Dive with an instructor or restrict diving activities if the instructor has any concerns regarding diver safety.
Alternatively a Scuba Review should have been completed and signed by an instructor in your diving logbook before you start the journey.
We are aware that even after a period of diving inactivity that you maybe an experienced diver, therefore we advise that you complete a Check Dive prior to starting your diving. This allows you to check your buoyancy in an unfamiliar diving environment and acquaint yourself with your equipment. This can be arranged locally and will be incorporated into your first dive and includes the following skills:
– Full mask removal and replacement
– Regulator recovery and clear
– Alternate air source use
– Demonstration of neutral buoyancy
Encompass Diving or the respective Dive Centre will not be responsible for any financial loss incurred by issues beyond our control such as, but not limited to; weather, ‘Act of God, force majeure or changes made by the local authorities. It is your responsibility and a condition of your contract with the Dive Centre that you ensure you have purchased comprehensive dive and travel insurance cover specific to your booking. You are responsible to check that these include:
- Dive Injury Insurance: covering all risks, costs and expenses likely to be incurred as a result of a diving injury, including but not limited to re-compression chamber treats, air evacuation, and loss or damage to possessions. This insurance should cover all scuba diving or water sports activities that you are likely to undertake during your trip, and
- Medical Evacuation Insurance: covering all risks, costs and expenses likely to arise from a diving or non-diving injury requiring your evacuation to a place of specialist care, including but not limited to low altitude air evacuation; specialist treatment and direct; and indirect losses; and
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance: that includes changes or cancellation to your travel plans, loss or damage to your luggage and contents.
Should diving insurance not be obtained prior to your departure, it can be arranged on arrival with Indepths Insurance (Divemaster UK), pricing information can be found on the relevant product price list at their website.
Iniraries & Dive Sites
All itineraries and dive sites are subject to various unpredictable changes including weather conditions and changes in local government approval. Whilst Encompass Diving and the respective dive canters make every effort, we cannot guarantee diving at specific sites. In adverse weather conditions the guides and captain of the boat will have the final decision about which dive sites to visit to ensure that the guests, staff and boats safety is not compromised in any way. If in the unfortunate event that dives are missed or dive sites are not reached due to weather conditions or other unforeseeable changes, Encompass Diving and the respective dive centres will most probably not offer a refund or compensation.
Diving for Qualified Divers
Encompass Diving and the respective diving center dive guides will provide a detailed and comprehensive dive briefing before you enter the water with your buddy. When the guide is in the water, they will remain with the group to navigate the site and to look out for any interesting marine life to show you. The dive guide will not provide any dive training during the dive and you and buddy dive together at your own risk. As qualified divers you are responsible for your own and your buddy’s safety during the dive and to plan your dive and dive your plan by using either dive tables or a personal dive computer. You must begin, execute and end the dive with your dive buddy.
Non-diving guests and guests taking part in other water-based activities such as but not limited to; swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding and surfing are done at your own risk. When leaving the boat to take part in any water-based activity please ensure you have informed a member of staff so that they can monitor the conditions and are aware that you are no longer on the boat. Safety equipment is available if you do not have your own.
Children aged 15 years or younger cannot participate in the diving activities for these tours. Children aged 15 years or younger must be supervised by a parent or designated responsible adult at all times whilst on board of the respective diving center boat. Children may be accepted on-board for a full charter, subject to consent from the group leader. Babies and infants are allowed on board the respective day diving boat at the discretion of the Dive Centre Manager whilst considering the comfort of other Encompass Diving guests on-board.
Please be aware of the risks associated with such activities which are enhanced with the consumption of alcohol or under the influence of a hangover can impair your judgment and when scuba diving can increase the risk of decompression sickness. Please drink responsibly, within your own limits and act with respect for others and your own safety at all times. Encompass Diving and the respective diving center reserve the right to refuse entry to the water if they believe you are no longer safely in control of your own actions and safety. If the guides deem that you are unfit to dive you will be asked to sit out the dive. Your safety and well-being are paramount so this request by the dive guides will only be made to avoid accidents.
Anti-social or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated and individuals who cause a disturbance to other guests may be removed from the tour, boat or diving center.